- Interview with Brook Wright – SheBlurbs podcast (October 4, 2021)
A lively exchange with Brook Wright (SheBlurbs podcast) about my journey into community improvement, children's advocacy and parenting advice.
- What FIELD OF DREAMS taught me about forgiveness (September 16, 2021)
This article in MEDIUM and MOMS DON'T HAVE TIME TO WRITE (Zibby Owens) details some of the profound lessons about forgiveness and reconciliation in the movie, FIELD OF DREAMS. I hope that it resonates with you.
- A podcast with David Og – Real Talk Non Filtre (September 8, 2021)
A discussion with David Og about community improvement, children's advocacy and parenting. "I am the problem, I am the solution, I am the resource"
- LiveStream with CrazyFitnessGuy (September 3, 2021)
Live Stream interview about my work (community improvement, parenting, children's advocacy) with Jimmy Clare (Motivational Speaker, Autism Advocate; www.crazyfitnessguy.com).
- Parenting /Community Improvement makes the Difference in Children – Gentleman Style Podcast (August 24, 2021)
Pediatrician, Robert A Saul, MD, has been guiding parents and their children’s physical, behavioral, and mental care for over 40 years. The author of Conscious Parenting and My Children’s Children, Dr. Saul developed the Parental Awareness Threshold, a simple framework that guides parents and guardians to actively parent with self-awareness, empathy, and compassion. Parents who use this framework create a healthy environment where children learn to build safe, stable, and nurturing relationships as well as exhibit love and respect others in their community.
- Interview for the SCAAP advice for protection of children and COVID (August 17, 2021)
Interview on ABC News4 (Charleston, SC) regarding protection for children with the serious uptick in cases due to the delta variant of COVID-19
- SCAAP press conference for the protection of children and COVID-19 (August 17, 2021)
In conjunction with the SC Education Superintendent Molly Spearman and Dr. Linda Bell (of the SC health department), the SCAAP presented expert data to encourage the use of masks in school and widespread vaccination.
- Review from BookTrib.com (August 10, 2021)
Conscious Parenting is a clear, understandable, easy-to-read guidebook chock full of information, strategies, approaches and good ideas to help parents of any age and at any stage. A quick read and valuable handbook, it is sure to tip the scales in favor of making more than your fair share of right decisions.
- Pediatricians recommend masks for children in schools (August 10, 2021)
Interview with WSPA-TV to emphasize the current recommendations for children and COVID-19. Protect them with masks in schools and vaccinate everybody that is eligible.
- Moms don’t have time to write – The Power of Opposites in the Realm of Social Justice (July 22, 2021)
Defining a meaningful course for ourselves is the great challenge of a lifetime. We learn some guiding principles early on, and hopefully use them to move forward. The lessons learned from childhood into adulthood — under the watchful eye of our parents, siblings, caregivers, teachers, coaches, religious leaders, and even peers — can be invaluable for short- and long-term growth. Yet, there will be missteps along the way.
- Podcast with James Short – Being You (July 20, 2021)
Podcast interview with James Short (https://www.jamesshort.com.au). We had a delightful chat about my journey into community improvement, parenting as an exercise to raise good citizens, and conscious parenting. I AM THE PROBLEM, I AM THE SOLUTION, I AM THE RESOURCE can be a guide. Forgiveness is a critical element.
- Authority magazine – In Light Of The Pandemic, Here Are The 5 Things We Need To Do To Improve The US Healthcare System (July 14, 2021)
"The COVID-19 Pandemic taught all of us many things. One of the sectors that the pandemic put a spotlight on was the healthcare industry. The pandemic showed the resilience of the US healthcare system, but it also pointed out some important areas in need of improvement. In our interview series called “In Light Of The Pandemic, Here Are The 5 Things We Need To Do To Improve The US Healthcare System”, we are interviewing doctors, hospital administrators, nursing home administrators, and healthcare leaders who can share lessons they learned from the pandemic about how we need to improve the US Healthcare System. As a part of this series, I had the pleasure to interview Dr. Robert Saul."
- Dads Before Docs podcast (July 1, 2021)
A new podcast series by Dr. Adam Broussard--Too many physicians say their family is their priority, but their lives tell a very different story. At Dads Before Doctors, we help each other become family men who are doctors rather than doctors who have families. "My guest is Dr. Robert Saul, pediatrician, geneticist, and author. We discuss how to focus on raising good citizens at home, in practice, and in the community."
- What to Say to Someone Who Lost a Child (from UpJourney.com) (April 29, 2021)
(Second entry in this post) - I know from experience the anguish that families experience with the loss of a child. Whether the circumstances include a previously healthy child who died from a tragic accident or a child with a chronic health condition who succumbed to their disease, families are never really prepared for their loss. They need our support, especially when we might be uncomfortable and not know what to say.
- How Socioeconomic Status May Be Related to Fetal Brain Development–VeryWell Health online (April 22, 2021)
How Socioeconomic Status May Be Related to Fetal Brain Development and what we can do to help
- Blog post for the Institute for Child Success – 6 ways to prevent child abuse/neglect (April 15, 2021)
The prevention of child abuse and neglect is the work of all of us. If we turn a blind eye to the problem, we all suffer. Providing nurturing environments and safe relationships requires us to accept this responsibility and engage in every way possible.
- “Slow the spread” podcast – pediatric implications (April 2, 2021)
Vaccination schedules have been disrupted. Even though the COVID-19 vaccine is not ready for children under 16, it’s important to get caught up on all other immunizations. Find out why you should schedule a well visit for your child.
- Interview with VeryWell Health about children with Down syndrome and COVID vaccine (March 19, 2021)
People with Down syndrome, especially those over 40, are more likely to die from COVID-19 than people without this condition. Vaccination is crucial for people with Down syndrome so individuals can continue the therapies and care needed.
- The Art of Conscious Parenting Podcast, Episode 7: Pediatric Meltdown (October 21, 2020)
It’s apparent now more than ever, our children need advocacy. Today I’ll be speaking about this with Dr. Robert Saul. Dr. Saul completed his pediatric training at Duke University Medical Center. He deeply cares for all children, and after seeing the need for child advocacy in society he was led to write several books for parents. Dr. Saul believes we need constant reminders about the optimal nurturing of children, and his work provides a multi-dimensional approach to parenting that is refreshingly new.
- Vaccinate! (August 18, 2020)
Dr. Saul is working to emphasize the need for vaccinations, even in the midst of a pandemic!
- Article in the Citizen Times (Asheville NC) – WNCParent issue (May 13, 2020)
Interview with Chris Worthy about CONSCIOUS PARENTING: RAISING THE PARENTAL AWARENESS THRESHOLD
- Zibby Owens Instagram Live interview (April 17, 2020)
Interview with Zibby Owens on CONSCIOUS PARENTING
- DocSmo PedCast about CONSCIOUS PARENTING (March 21, 2020)
Dr. Paul Smolen (DocSmo) pedcast. Thanks to DocSmo!
- Newspaper interview for CONSCIOUS PARENTING (March 9, 2020)
Newspaper interview for Dr. Saul's new book - CONSCIOUS PARENTING - by the Index Journal.
- SoMeDocs (Doctors on Social Media) link (August 30, 2019)
Link to the SoMeDocs website and my contact information. Check it out!
- Interview at WYFF News 4 (April 14, 2019)
Pediatric doctor talks about importance of parenting, environment on child health
- South Carolina Public Radio (July 25, 2018)
Mike Switzer interviews Dr. Robert Saul
- PedChat Interview (May 22, 2018)
Raising Good Citizens In The Age of School Shootings
- Marquis Who’s Who Top Doctors (February 28, 2018)
Robert Saul recognized by Marquis Who’s Who Top Doctors for dedication, achievements, and leadership in pediatrics.
- Upstate Parent (November 14, 2017)
Greenville doctor releases book for families to enjoy together
- WYFF4 Interview (August 24, 2017)
Dr. Bob Saul discusses his book, All About Children with Geoff Hart
- Morning Minutes #10 (August 23, 2017)
An Interview with Dr. Robert Saul
- WYFF4 Interview (February 26, 2014)
Dr. Bob Saul discusses his book, My Children's Children with Geoff Hart