Thank you for your interest in interviewing me on your show! Here’s information to make our interview as smooth and seamless as possible.
Contact: Robert (Bob) A. Saul, MD (Saul pronounced ‘sall’)
Mobile phone: 864-980-8372
I reside in Greenwood, South Carolina In the Eastern Time Zone
100 word bio
Pediatrician and medical geneticist, Robert A Saul, MD, has been guiding parents and their children’s physical, behavioral, and mental care for over 40 years. He is Professor of Pediatrics (Emeritus). Dr. Bob Saul developed the Parental Awareness Threshold, a simple framework that guides parents and guardians to actively parent with self-awareness, empathy, and compassion. Parents who use this framework create a healthy environment where children learn to build safe, stable, and nurturing relationships as well as exhibit love and respect others in their community.
50 word bio
Dr. Bob Saul has been guiding the physical, behavioral, and mental care of children for over 40 years. His Parental Awareness Threshold is a simple framework to actively parent with self-awareness, empathy, and compassion where children learn to build nurturing relationships as well as exhibit love and respect for others.
Ideas for Episode Titles / Main Focus
- Community Improvement
- Citizenship development
- Conscious Parenting and the Parental Awareness Threshold
- Children’s advocacy
- How did you get involved in community activities that are different than medicine?
- What does it mean to raise our children to be good citizens?
- You have retired from the clinical practice of pediatrics. Why are you still so involved?
- You discuss the Five Steps to Community Improvement in your first book. What are they and why do they make a difference?
- What does it mean to be a Conscious Parent?
- Isn’t parenting an innate ability? What do parents need to do to develop or improve their parenting skills?
- You mention twelve words (I am the problem, I am the solution, I am the resource) that have had a profound impact on you? What is that impact and how have you changed?
- Your CONSCIOUS PARENTING book discusses the Parental Awareness Threshold. What is that and how can parents use it successfully?
- What is the goal of parenting? Is it happiness for their children or something else?
- You discuss that parenting is a journey. What are some of the useful signposts (“or maps”) that you have discovered along the way?
Over 44 years as a pediatrician, I have developed a keen awareness of parenting skills, raising our children to be good citizens, how to improve our communities and advocating for children. My books, MY CHILDREN’S CHILDREN: RAISING YOUNG CITIZENS IN THE AGE OF COLUMBINE, ALL ABOUT CHILDREN (illustrated children’s book), THINKING DEVELOPMENTALLY: NURTURING WELLNESS IN CHILDHOOD TO PROMOTE LIFELONG HEALTH, and CONSCIOUS PARENTING: USING THE PARENTAL AWARENESS THRESHOLD, provide an array of fertile material for a variety of discussions about parenting and the like.